Today we headed off to the beach with Room 16 for a fun filled day of sun (sort of), surf, sand and of course lots of learning!
We learnt all about how to keep ourselves, and others, safe at the beach. We learnt the 9 rules of Beach Safety:
- Be Sun Smart - slip, slop, slap and wrap!
- Always listen to a lifeguard
- Swim between the flags
- Use safe and proper equipment
- If in doubt, stay out
- Never swim when you're tired or cold
- Always have an adult with you and watching you
- Learn to recognize Rips and Currents (we're experts now!)
- Consider other surf/beach users
And last but not least, if you need anything at all while you're at the beach, you can always ask a lifeguard anything - even where the best fish and chips are!
Here are some great photos from our day - check out some of our future lifeguards in training!